Telecom Order CRTC 2021-33
Ottawa, 21 January 2021
TELUS Communications Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date TELUS Communications Inc. TN 556
General Tariff – Revisions to Call Control and housekeeping changes
22 October 2020 10 November 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote affordability and consumer interests, because it will (i) provide an additional option for subscribers to TCI’s Voice Mail Service who use Call Control as a means of reducing the number of unsolicited calls, and (ii) ensure that customers have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: