Telecom Order CRTC 2021-30
Ottawa, 21 January 2021
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7624
General Tariff - Revisions to Remote Electronic Metering Access Service
12 November 2020 11 December 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will provide subscribers to Bell Canada’s Remote Electronic Metering Access Service in Ontario and Quebec with additional flexibility in contract extension by introducing contract extension provisions at the end of the initial contract period, and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that customers have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: