Telecom Order CRTC 2021-150
Ottawa, 3 May 2021
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table 1 Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1118
Various tariffs – Revision to Community Type under various tariff services
9 February 2021 1 March 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumers interests, because it will reclassify three communities of Terrestrial Enterprise Internet Services – Optimized Internet Service, V-Connect Service, and Ethernet Wide Area Network Service from Type C to Type B to reflect network fibre upgrades, which will result in lower rates and more service options for customers in those communities; and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of receiving the network upgrade.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: