Telecom Order CRTC 2020-351
Ottawa, 9 October, 2020
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7619
General Tariff and Access Services Tariff – Revisions to relay services
21 August 2020 21 September 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, since it will increase access to text-based message relay services on mobile devices and reflect the Commission’s directives in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2018-466Footnote 4 regarding the regulatory framework for such services; and (ii) innovation, since it will ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services that meet their needs.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: