Telecom Order CRTC 2020-250
Ottawa, 10 August 2020
Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table of Tariff Applications Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell Canada TN 7612
General Tariff – Introduction of Contract Extension Provisions for Direct Inward Dialing (DID) Service
30 June 2020 15 July 2020
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that final approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications ActFootnote 2.
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests with the introduction of contract extension provisions at the end of the initial contract period for DID Service customers in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec, which will provide customers with additional flexibility in contract extensions; and (ii) innovation by ensuring that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services that meet their needs.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: