Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2019-142
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 8 March 2019
Ottawa, 13 May 2019
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Thunder Bay and Schreiber, Ontario
Public record for this application: 2019-0169-5
CBQT-FM Thunder Bay – New transmitter in Schreiber
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to amend the broadcasting licence for the radio programming undertaking CBQT-FM Thunder Bay, Ontario, to operate an FM rebroadcasting transmitter in Schreiber to rebroadcast the programming of its national, English-language network service Radio One. The new FM transmitter will replace the low-power AM transmitter CBLB Schreiber. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 90.9 MHz (channel 215A1) with an effective radiated power of 130 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 31.3 metres).
- The licensee stated that the transmitter would improve the quality of the Radio One signal and would allow it to reach more residents in Schreiber and surrounding areas.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by no later than 13 May 2021. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: