Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-456
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 10 October 2018
Ottawa, 10 December 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Halifax and Digby, Nova Scotia
Public record for this application: 2018-0836-2
CBHA-FM Halifax – New transmitter in Digby
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CBHA-FM Halifax, Nova Scotia, to operate a transmitter in Digby to rebroadcast the programming of its national, English-language network service Radio One.
- The new transmitter will operate at 107.1 MHz (channel 296A) with an effective radiated power of 420 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 256.6 metres).
- The CBC stated that there is currently no Radio One service in Digby and that with the addition of this new service, Digby residents will be able to receive quality Radio One programming from Halifax. It further stated that the new transmitter will be co-located with CBAF-FM-7 Digby (ICI Radio-Canada Première) to optimize operating costs.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be in operation by 10 December 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: