Agenda, Hearing 22 November 2021
Hearing (Revised on 9 November 2021)
Rogers Communications Inc. / Shaw Communications Inc.
22 November 2021 at 9:00 a.m. MST (11 a.m. EST)
Important Notification: In light of the on-going pandemic and public health guidelines with respect to social distancing, which impacts room capacity, only parties appearing in person will be permitted at the Hearing location.
For media inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
An audio and video feed of the hearing will be made available from the Commission’s website (www.crtc.gc.ca) for the duration of the hearing.
140 Promenade du Portage
Hearing Room: Outaouais
Temporary phone number: 819-997-4657
Reference Document: Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2021-281.
Panel Members (subject to change):
Ian Scott, Chairperson
Monique Lafontaine, Commissioner, Ontario
Nirmala Naidoo, Commissioner, Alberta and the Northwest Territories
Ellen Desmond, Commissioner, Atlantic Region and Nunavut
Claire Anderson, Commissioner, British Columbia and Yukon
Transcripts of hearing
All presentations are taken verbatim by court stenographers and recorded by:
International Reporting Inc.
41 – 5450 Canotek Rd.
Examination of transcripts
Transcripts of this hearing are available through our Internet site (http://www.crtc.gc.ca) and by contacting the public examination room of any CRTC office.
Recording of the Hearing
Recording of this hearing may be listened to, at the Commission Headquarters in Gatineau, Quebec, by appointment.
Should you have further comments, please forward them as follows:
TDD (toll-free): 1-877-909-2782
Monday, 22 November 2021
Phase I – Presentation by applicant
- Shaw Communications Inc.
Rogers Communications Inc. (Rogers), on behalf of Shaw Communications Inc. (Shaw), for Rogers to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Shaw and the authority for Rogers to operate various licensed broadcasting distribution undertakings (BDUs) currently owned by Shaw.
Phase II – Presentations by the interveners
Appearing individually as interested party
- Cable Public Affairs Channel Inc. (CPAC) (int. #347)
Tuesday, 23 November 2021
- TELUS Communications Inc. (int. #367)
- Canadian Communication Systems Alliance (CCSA) (int. #324)
- The Independent Broadcast Group (IBG) (int. #341)
- St. Andrews Community Channel Inc. (int. #375)
- Canadian Association of Community Television Users and Stations (CACTUS) (int. #368)
- Community Media Advocacy Centre (CMAC) (int. #339)
- TLN/Ethnic Channels Group (int. #357)
Wednesday, 24 November 2021
- Canadian Broadcast Museum Foundation (int. #315)
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S. (int. #35)
- Owen Sound Chamber of Commerce (int. #136)
- UBC Digital Emergency Medicine, interCultural Online Health Network (int. #170)
- Coastal First Nations/Great Bear Initiative (int. #249)
- Karen Tanaka (int. #58)
- Daniel Taylor (int. #92)
- Saskatchewan Premier Ball Hockey League (int. #237)
- Southern Alberta Council on Public Affairs (int. #334)
- Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) and the National Pensioners Federation (NPF) (int. #379)
- Cogeco Communications Inc. (int.#365)
- John Roman (int. # 279)
- Quebec English-Language Production Council (QEPC) (int. #360)
- Blue Ant Media Inc. (int. #326)
- DHX Television Ltd. d/b/a WildBrain Television (int. #344)
Thursday, 25 November 2021
- Unifor (int. #234)
- Channel Zero Inc. (int. #327)
- Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) (int. #366)
- Miracle Channel Association (int. #355)
- Forum for Research and Policy in Communications (FRPC) (int. #372)
- BCE Inc. (int. #376)
- Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC) (int. #356)
- Beanfield Technologies Inc. (int #381)
Friday, 26 November 2021
Phase III – Replies
- Reply by Cable Public Affairs Channel Inc. (CPAC)
- Reply by Rogers Communications Inc., on behalf of Shaw Communications Inc.
- Date modified: