Agenda, Hearing 12 February 2020
Hearing (Revised 31 January 2020)
Location: Montréal, Quebec
Date: 12 February 2020 at 9 a.m.
Palais des congrès de Montréal
1001, place Jean-Paul-Riopelle
Hearing Room: 513ABC
Temporary Examination Room: 513D – 514-789-3401
Interventions received concerning the applications scheduled for this hearing are available on the public examination files.
Reference Documents: Broadcasting Notices of Consultation CRTC 2019-358 and 2019-358-1.
Panel Members (subject to change):
- Caroline J. Simard, Hearing Chairperson
- Christianne Laizner, Vice-Chairperson, Telecommunications
- Alicia Barin, Commissioner, Quebec
During the hearing, public files related to items scheduled at the hearing may be examined in the temporary examination room.
Transcripts of hearing
All presentations are taken verbatim by court stenographers and recorded by:
International Reporting Inc.
41 – 5450 Canotek Rd.
Examination of transcripts
Transcripts of this hearing are available through our Internet site (http://www.crtc.gc.ca) and by contacting the public examination room of any CRTC office.
Recording of the Hearing
Recording of this hearing may be listened to, at the Commission Headquarters in Gatineau, Quebec, by appointment.
Should you have further comments, please forward them as follows:
TDD (toll-free): 1-877-909-2782
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Phase I – Joint presentation by the applicants
- Bell Canada, on behalf of V Interactions inc.
Québec, Montréal, Trois-Rivières, Sherbrooke and Saguenay, Quebec
Application by Bell Canada (Bell), on behalf of V Interactions inc. (V), for authority to change the ownership and effective control of V. V is the licensee of a French-language television network called V and of five French-language television stations, namely CFAP-DT Québec, CFJP-DT Montréal, CFRS-DT Saguenay, CFKS-DT Sherbrooke and CFKM-DT Trois-Rivières (the V Stations).
- Groupe V Média inc., on behalf of MusiquePlus inc.
Applications 2019-0677-8 and 2019-0678-6
Application (2019-0677-8) by Groupe V Média inc. (Groupe V Média), on behalf of MusiquePlus Inc. (MusiquePlus), for authority to change the ownership of MusiquePlus, which is the licensee of the discretionary French-language services ELLE Fictions and MAX.
The applicant also filed an application (2019-0678-6) to amend the conditions of licence for these services to reflect the new group to which ELLE Fictions and MAX would belong if the Commission approved application 2019-0648-9 (item 1 of this notice). Applications 2019-0677-8 and 2019-0678-6 are non-severable from application 2019-0648-9.
Phase II – Presentations by interveners
- Québecor Media inc., on behalf of Vidéotron ltée. and Groupe TVA inc. (int. #134)
- Association québécoise de la production médiatique (AQPM) (int. #76)
- Association québécoise de l’industrie du disque, du spectacle et de la vidéo (ADISQ) (int. #72)
- On Screen Manitoba (int. #129)
- Alliance québécoise des techniciens et techniciennes de l’image et du son (AQTIS),
Association des réalisateurs et réalisatrices du Québec (ARRQ), Société des auteurs de radio, télévision et cinéma (SARTEC) et Union des artistes (UDA) (int. #81)
- Table de Concertation de l'Industrie du Cinéma et de la Télévision de la Capitale-Nationale
Thursday, 13 February 2020
- Independent Broadcast Group (int. #128)
- Fédération nationale des communications - CSN (int. #119)
- Patrick White (int. #57)
- Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Sherbrooke (int. #3)
- Chambre de commerce et d'industrie Saguenay - Le Fjord (int. #45)
Phase III – Joint reply by the applicants
Even though there are no oral presentation for the following applications, they are, nevertheless, part of this hearing and as such, they will be considered by the Panel and decisions will be rendered at a later date.
Please refer to Broadcasting Notices of Consultation CRTC 2019-358 and 2019-358-1 for a detailed description of the following applications which will be available electronically in the Temporary Examination Room.
- Vista Radio Ltd.
North Bay, Ontario
- Leclerc Communication inc.
- Manager, Technology Infrastructure, Government of Yukon
Mount Jubilee, Yukon
- Date modified: