Text Description of Image
Tips to reduce unwanted calls
- Register your phone number with the National Do Not Call List at lnnte-dncl.gc.ca.
- Look into the call management features your telephone service provider offers.
- Screen your calls and either hang up or let it go to voicemail. Telemarketers rarely leave messages.
- Ask for your phone number to be added to the telemarketer’s internal do not call list.
- If you suspect a fraudulent call - DO NOT give out personal financial details or grant access to your computer. Best advice: HANG UP.
- If you have been the victim of a fraudulent call and did provide personal information, inform your bank as well as the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca.
- Consider getting an unlisted phone number: your number will be unpublished and unavailable to telemarketers.
- Be cautious about who you provide your phone number to - it could be used for telemarketing purposes.