Talk, Text & Data: How to Pick the Best Plan for You
Find a Provider
First, find out which providers are available in your area:
Find a Service Provider Near You
You can also search for local phone providers by registration list.
Compare and Pick a Plan
Next, you need to decide which provider offers the best plan that suits your budget and lifestyle.
Before you commit to a plan, consider these questions before you buy:
- What are the rates and charges for local phone service? What’s included in that rate?
- Are there any up-front, one-time or service charges?
- How much do call features (for example, call display, call waiting or voice mail) cost?
- Will my existing services - such as Internet access, long-distance, wireless or TV broadcast - change in any way?
- Can I change my features or package? If so, are there restrictions and/or charges associated with making a change?
- Do I have to subscribe for a certain amount of time to get the quoted rates?
- What cancellation fees do I need to pay?
- If you are a person with a disability, ask about accessible phone services.
- Date modified: