Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-68
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 9 October 2015
Ottawa, 24 February 2016
RNC MEDIA Inc.
CHLX-FM Gatineau – Licence amendment
- The Commission approves the application by RNC MEDIA Inc. (RNC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language commercial radio programming undertaking CHLX-FM Gatineau, Quebec to delete the condition of licenceFootnote 1 requiring it to make an annual over-and-above contribution of $8,000 to the promotion and development of Canadian content. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- RNC indicated that it fully met its commitment during the last licence term and stated that maintaining this condition of licence adds a financial burden to a station that has not achieved profitability after more than 13 years of operation.
- Although this condition of licence, originally imposed in 2008, did not specify the length of the commitment (which is usually seven consecutive broadcast years), RNC did make the total required contribution (i.e., $56,000 over seven years). The Commission considers that the proposed amendment will allow RNC to reduce CHLX-FM’s financial burden.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- CHLX-FM Gatineau – Licence renewal and amendment, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-395, 25 August 2015
- CHLX-FM Gatineau – Licence amendment and renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-221, 26 August 2008
- Date modified: