Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-293-4
Additional references: 2016-293, 2016-293-1, 2016-293-2, 2016-293-3 and 2016-293-5
Ottawa, 24 January 2017
File number: 1011-NOC2016-0293
Notice of hearing
6 February 2017
Review of the Wireless Code
Report added to the record of this proceeding
- With this notice, the Commission is expanding the scope of the comments that parties may make in the remaining stages of the proceeding initiated by Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-293.
- The following document was not published prior to the deadline to file reply comments, and parties have not had the opportunity to comment on its contents:
- Report on the Collection and Use of Canadians’ Personal Information by Wireless Service Providers and Third Party Entities(the Report), published on 20 January 2017.
- The Commission may refer to the areas of the Report that are within the scope of this proceeding in its consideration of the issues in this proceeding.Footnote 1 In particular, this includes the discussion of how wireless service providers (WSPs) provide their privacy policies to customers, including customers with disabilities. The discussion of these issues can be found under section 3.5 of the Report titled “How WSPs give customers control over how their personal information is handled.” Consistent with the procedures set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2016-293, the privacy obligations of WSPs under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) remain out of scope, and the Commission will not consider these issues in this proceeding.
- Accordingly, the Commission hereby notifies parties that they may comment on the areas of the Report that are within the scope of this proceeding if they so choose. Appearing parties may do so in their oral presentations at the public hearing, or in their final written comments. Non-appearing parties may do so in their final written comments.
- Review of the Wireless Code, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-293, 28 July 2016, as amended by Telecom Notices of Consultation CRTC 2016-293-1, 23 September 2016; 2016-293-2, 26 October 2016; and 2016-293-3, 5 January 2017
- Date modified: