Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-297
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 1 May 2015
Ottawa, 7 July 2015
0971197 B.C. Ltd.
Vancouver, British Columbia
CIRH-FM Vancouver - Technical changes
The Commission approves the application by 0971197 B.C. Ltd. to change the authorized contours of the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CIRH-FM Vancouver approved in Licensing of new radio stations to serve Surrey and Vancouver, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-412, 6 August 2014, by:
- moving the transmitter site;
- decreasing the maximum effective radiated power (ERP) from 6,000 to 1,700 watts (average ERP from 2,080 to 770 watts); and
- increasing the antenna’s effective height above average terrain from -11 to 87.5 metres.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The applicant stated that the technical changes are necessary because the City of Vancouver rejected the original transmitter site due to new municipal regulations. A change in transmitter site is therefore necessary in order to implement the station.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Furthermore, the Commission will only issue a licence for this undertaking once the applicant has informed the Commission in writing that it is prepared to commence operations. The Commission reminds 0971197 B.C. Ltd. that the undertaking must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 6 August 2016, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before that date. In order ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: