ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-246
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 10 June 2015
Athabasca Motor Hotel (1972) Limited
Application 2014-0738-8, received 31 July 2014
CJAG-FM Jasper – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language, low-power, tourist radio programming undertaking CJAG-FM Jasper, Alberta, from 1 September 2015 to 31 August 2022. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee operates a station with a hybrid format combining a local information service and a rebroadcasting service. The station operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a year-round basis.
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in the appendix to this decision, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-246
Conditions of licence for the English-language, low-power, tourist radio programming undertaking CJAG-FM Jasper, Alberta
Conditions of licence
- The licenseemust use the station for the purpose of broadcasting locally originated announcements of matters of concern or interest to the residents of and visitors to Jasper and for broadcasting emergency service information when required by the emergency service agencies operating in the Jasper area.
- Notwithstanding condition of licence 1, the licensee may devote up to a maximum of 50 minutes during each clock hour of its broadcast week to the rebroadcasting of the programming of a licensed Edmonton radio station.
- During the time periods in which the station rebroadcasts programming of another station, the licensee is prohibited from substituting local advertising and any other type of local programming, with the exception of emergency messages as and when required by the emergency service agencies operating in Jasper.
- The licensee must not broadcast more than 1 minute of station-originated advertising material during each 10-minute locally originated programming segment.
- The licensee may broadcast station-originated advertising material only during periods of locally originated programming.
- During the periods of locally originated programming, the licensee must not broadcast any musical selections, except as incidental background music.
- Date modified: