ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-155
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 applications posted on 2 December 2014
Ottawa, 20 April 2015
Newfoundland Broadcasting Company Limited
St. John’s, Corner Brook and Rattling Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador
Applications 2014-1228-8 and 2014-1229-6
CHOZ-FM St. John’s and its transmitters CKOZ-FM Corner Brook and CKMY-FM Rattling Brook – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Newfoundland Broadcasting Company Limited to change the authorized contours of CKOZ-FM Corner Brook, a transmitter for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CHOZ-FM St. John’s, by relocating the transmitter site within Corner Brook, changing the transmitter class from C to B1, decreasing the effective radiated power (ERP) from 50,000 to 7,665 watts and increasing the effective height of antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) from 63 to 141.2 metres.
- The Commission also approves the application by Newfoundland Broadcasting Company Limited to change the authorized contours of CKMY-FM Rattling Brook, a transmitter for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CHOZ-FM St. John’s, by relocating the transmitter site to Botwood, changing the transmitter class from B to C1, decreasing the ERP from 50,000 to 47,000 watts and increasing the EHAAT from 151 to 210.1 metres.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
- The licensee indicated that these new transmitter sites are required due to the aging tower infrastructure at the existing sites.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, these authorities will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- Newfoundland Broadcasting Company Limited also submitted an application (2014-1227-0) to amend the broadcasting licence for CHOZ-FM to add a new FM transmitter at Jonathan’s Pond. The Commission’s determination on this application will follow in a separate decision.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: