ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-365
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 February 2014
Ottawa, 11 July 2014
Corus Entertainment Inc., on behalf of TELETOON Canada Inc., 8504644 Canada Inc. and 8504652 Canada Inc.
TELETOON/TÉLÉTOON, TELETOON Retro, Historia and Séries+ - Licence amendments
- The Commission approves an application by Corus Entertainment Inc. (Corus), on behalf of TELETOON Canada Inc., 8504644 Canada Inc. and 8504652 Canada Inc., to amend the broadcasting licences for the national English- and French-language specialty Category A service TELETOON/TÉLÉTOON, the national English‑language specialty Category B service TELEOON Retro and the national French-language specialty Category A services Historia and Séries+, by modifying the existing condition of licence for each service relating to the 5% limitation on the carry-over of over-expenditures that may be deducted from the required expenditures on Canadian programming or programs of national interest and the obligation to use them in the next broadcast year. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The Commission notes that Corus’s application is consistent with Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2012-596, in which the Commission removed the above-noted limitation regarding expenditures on Canadian programming and programs of national interest.
- Consequently, the Commission replaces conditions of licence 9b) and 8b) set out in Appendices 3 and 4, respectively, to Broadcasting Decision 2013-737, as well as condition of licence 4b) set out in each of Appendices 2 and 3 to Broadcasting Decision 2013-738, with the following condition of licence:
In each broadcast year of the licence term, excluding the final year, where the licensee expends an amount for that year on Canadian programming or programs of national interest that is greater than the minimum required expenditure, the licensee may deduct that amount from the minimum required expenditure in one or more of the remaining years of the licence term.
- Historia and Séries+ - Acquisition of assets and change in effective control, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-738, 20 December 2013
- TELETOON/TÉLÉTOON, TELETOON Retro, TÉLÉTOON Rétro and Cartoon Network – Change of effective control; TELETOON/TÉLÉTOON, TELETOON Retro and TÉLÉTOON Rétro – Licence renewal and amendment, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-737, 20 December 2013
- Revised policy for large broadcast groups regarding Canadian programming expenditure over-expenditures for conventional television and specialty services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2012-596, 30 October 2012
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: