ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-267
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 23 May 2014
2345771 Ontario Inc.
Application 2013-1388-2, received 21 October 2013
CINA-FM Windsor – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the ethnic radio programming undertaking CINA-FM Windsor, Ontario, from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time, and continue to adhere to the conditions set out in Appendix 2 to Broadcasting Decision 2008-101, with the exception of condition of licence 8 which is replaced by the following:
In addition to any contributions required under section 15 of the Radio Regulations, 1986, the licensee shall contribute the following amounts to Canadian content development (CCD) for the funding of ethnic journalism scholarships:
- $2,000 in each of the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 broadcast years; and
- $5,000 in each of the 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 broadcast years.
As well, the licensee shall file, by no later than 30 November 2014 and in a form deemed acceptable by the Commission, all proof of payment regarding the required contribution of $2,500 to CCD to be made in the broadcast year ending 31 August 2014.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Licensing of new radio stations to serve Windsor, Ontario, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-101, 9 May 2008
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: