ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-131
This page has been archived on the Web
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 20 March 2014
Dufferin Communications Inc.
The application numbers are set out in the decision.
CKPC-FM and CKPC Brantford – Licence renewals
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021.
2. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time, as well as those in effect under the current licences (see Broadcasting Decision 2010-856).
|Call sign||Application and date received|
|CKPC-FM Brantford|| 2013-1485-6 |
6 November 2013
|CKPC Brantford|| 2013-1488-0 |
6 November 2013
3. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
4. As noted in Broadcasting Decision 2010-856, CKPC-FM and CKPC were found in non-compliance in their previous licence term with section 9(2) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 relating to the provision of annual returns, as well as with their requirements regarding contributions to Canadian talent development and Canadian content development. The Commission notes that these stations have been found in compliance with their regulatory requirements over the current licence term. The Commission therefore finds it appropriate to renew the licences for a full seven-year term.
5. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission reminds the licensee that the broadcasting licences will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
6. The Commission further reminds the licensee that it must fulfill all of its remaining tangible benefits commitments resulting from the change in effective control approved in the Commission’s letter decision dated 28 August 2009, as announced in Broadcasting Information Bulletin 2009-634.
7. Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
- CKPC-FM and CKPC Brantford – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-856, 19 November 2010
- Applications processed pursuant to streamlined procedures, Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2009-634, 8 October 2009
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: