ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-652
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2013-322
Ottawa, 4 December 2013
1760791 Ontario Inc.
Application 2013-0095-4, received 19 January 2013
CINA Mississauga – Licence renewal
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the ethnic radio programming undertaking CINA Mississauga, Ontario, from 1 January 2014 to 31 August 2020. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision.
2. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
3. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission reminds the licensee that the broadcasting licence will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-652
Terms, conditions of licence and encouragement for the ethnic radio programming undertaking CINA Mississauga, Ontario
The licence will expire 31 August 2020.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as amended from time to time.
- The licensee shall devote at least 10% of all content category 3 (Special Interest Music) musical selections broadcast during ethnic broadcast periods to Canadian selections.
- The licensee shall devote at least 93.6% of the programming broadcast each broadcast week to third-language programs, as defined in the Radio Regulations, 1986, as amended from time to time.
- In each broadcast week, the licensee shall broadcast programming directed to at least nine ethnic groups in a minimum of six languages.
- Where the licensee broadcasts religious programming as defined in Religious Broadcasting Policy, Public Notice CRTC 1993-78, 3 June 1993, the licensee shall adhere to the guidelines set out in sections III.B.2.a) and IV, of that public notice with respect to the provision of balance and ethics in religious programming, as amended from time to time.
- To fulfill its original commitment to Canadian content development as set out in Ethnic radio programming undertakings in Mississauga and Brampton, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-117, 23 April 2007, the licensee shall contribute the following amounts to the Ethnic Broadcaster Scholarship Fund to be administered by Humber College:
- $12,000 in the 2013-2014 broadcast year;
- $13,000 in the 2014-2015 broadcast year; and
- $3,750 in the 2015-2016 broadcast year.
In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Date modified: