ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2011-280
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 29 April 2011
CISC consensus items – Guidelines for unbundled loops and number portability and guideline for central office code assignment
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 2 March 2011, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) and the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus reports for Commission approval:
- BPWG – Installation, Testing and Maintenance Guidelines for Unbundled Loops and Number Portability, Version 9.0 (BPRE080a and BPGLITMG90); and
- CSCN TIF Report 91 re: TIF 75 CSCN Guidelines Review – Canadian Central Office Code (NXX) Assignment Guideline, Version 8.0, and Appendix F (CNRE091A).
2. These consensus reports can be found under “Reports” on the 2 March 2011 CISC meeting agenda, which is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
3. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus reports with the following modifications to CNRE091A:
In the Glossary, section 12.0, the definition provided for the term “Initial Code” is to read as follows (changes are in italics):
The first Central Office Code assigned to a Code Holder based on a new Switching Entity, or a new Point of Interconnection (POI), or an additional Exchange Area served by an existing Switching Entity or POI consistent with regulatory requirements.
- Date modified: