ARCHIVED - Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2009-602 ; 2010-453-1; 2010-453-2 and 2010-453-3
Ottawa, 5 July 2010
Obligation relating to the electronic filing of applications and use of Commission forms
1. The purpose of this information bulletin is to update the requirement relating to the electronic filing of applications with the Commission set out in Broadcasting Circular 2005‑466 and Telecom Circular 2007-16. The requirement relating to the electronic filing of applications is included in the proposed new Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure.
2. Pursuant to section 11(1)(a) of the proposed Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure, applicants are required to file their broadcasting and telecommunications applications and all related documents in electronic form using Epass. Epass allows secure transmissions to the Commission and authenticates the applicant’s identity when filing information. Epass also ensures that messages or documents transmitted online are not altered.
3. For instructions on how to file applications using Epass, consult the Commission’s website at http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/forms/form_index.htm.
4. Applicants who are unable to file their applications using Epass should contact the Commission at 1-877-249-CRTC (2782).
5. Section 19(2) of the proposed Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure stipulates that applicants must use the Commission’s application forms when they submit an application to the Commission. The list of application forms is appended to this information bulletin. Section 19(2) also specifies the information that should be filed with the Commission in the absence of an application form.
6. Application forms will be updated to reflect any new policy or regulatory requirements. The Commission therefore expects applicants to use the most recent application forms, which are available on the Commission’s website.
7. Epass allows applicants to file, at the same time and on a secure basis, both confidential and abridged public versions of their applications and any supporting documentation.
8. Applicants must ensure that documents that they designate as confidential are submitted in a separate electronic file and must incorporate confidential in the name of the file. It is incumbent upon applicants to clearly identify the confidential documents by indicating confidential on each page and, in such cases, to file an abridged version of the document.
Appendix to Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453
List of broadcasting application forms
|Form 101||Commercial radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 103||Type B Native radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 111||Specialty audio programming undertaking|
|Form 113||Campus radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 114||Community radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 118||Developmental (community or campus) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 134||Religious (Church) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 104||Programming amendment for a commercial radio programming undertaking|
|Form 119||Programming amendment for a campus radio programming undertaking|
|Form 120||Programming amendment for a community radio programming undertaking|
|Form 127||Technical amendment for a transitional digital radio broadcasting (DRB-T) undertaking|
|Form 128||Technical amendment for an analog radio programming undertaking|
|Form 106||Commercial radio programming undertaking|
|Form 107||Campus radio programming undertaking|
|Form 110||Community radio programming undertaking|
|Form 121||Native radio programming undertaking|
|Form 141||Religious (Church) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 142||Specialty audio programming undertaking|
|Form 143||Tourism radio programming undertaking|
|Form 102||Television programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 112||Video-on-demand (VOD) or pay-per-view (PPV) programming undertaking|
|Form 115||Community programming service|
|Form 116||Community-based television programming undertaking (including community-based low-power television undertaking and community-based digital service)|
|Form 125||Category 2 digital specialty or pay television programming undertaking|
|Form 130||Digital television (DTV) undertaking (not associated with an analog television station)|
|Form 131||Programming amendment for a transitional digital television (DTV-T) undertaking|
|Form 132||Technical amendment for an analog or digital television programming undertaking (including rebroadcasting transmitters)|
|Form 100||Television programming undertaking|
|Form 100a||Television programming undertaking – Addendum for multi-station groups only|
|Form 109||Specialty programming undertaking|
|Form 122||Video-on-demand (VOD) or pay-per-view (PPV) programming undertaking|
|Form 137||Community-based television programming undertaking (including community-based low-power television undertaking and community-based digital service)|
|Form 140||Native television programming undertaking|
|Form 124||Distribution undertaking|
|Form 117||Radiocommunication distribution undertaking (RDU)|
|Form 123||Distribution undertaking|
|Form 136||Cable distribution undertaking|
|Form 138||Change in ownership or control (assets)|
|Form 139||Change in ownership or control (shares)|
List of telecommunications application forms
|Form I||Summary of Legal Fees|
|Form II||Summary of Expert Witness Fees|
|Form III||Summary of Consultant and Analyst Fees|
|Form IV||Affidavit of Disbursements|
|Exhibit A||Summary Statement of Disbursements|
|Form V||Summary of Fees and Disbursements|
- Date modified: