ARCHIVED - Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453-1
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-453, 2010-453-2 and 2010-453-3
Ottawa, 23 December 2010
Obligation relating to the electronic filing of applications and use of Commission forms
This information bulletin updates Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin 2010-453 to reflect the change from the use of Epass to the use of Access Key to file applications with the Commission. The Access Key service came into effect on 12 November 2010.
1. Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin 2010-453 was originally published on 5 July 2010 to update the requirement relating to the electronic filing of applications with the Commission set out in Broadcasting Circular 2005-466 and Telecom Circular 2007-16. This requirement is now included in section 13(1)(a) the new Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure (the Rules of Procedure), which become effective 1 April 2011.
2. Applicants must file their broadcasting and telecommunications applications and all related documents in electronic form using Access Key. This service allows secure transmissions to the Commission and authenticates the applicant’s identity when filing information. Access Key also ensures that messages or documents transmitted online are not altered.
3. For instructions on how to file applications using Access Key, consult the Commission’s website.
4. Applicants who are unable to file their applications using Access Key should contact the Commission at 1-877-249-CRTC (2782).
5. Section 22(2) of the Rules of Procedure stipulates that applicants must use the Commission’s application forms when they submit an application to the Commission. The list of application forms is appended to this information bulletin. Section 22(2) also specifies the information that should be filed with the Commission in the absence of an application form.
6. Application forms will be updated to reflect any new policy or regulatory requirements. The Commission therefore expects applicants to use the most recent application forms, which are available on the Commission’s website.
7. Access Key allows applicants to file, at the same time and on a secure basis, both confidential and abridged public versions of their applications and any supporting documentation.
8. Applicants must ensure that documents that they designate as confidential are submitted in a separate electronic file and must incorporate confidential in the name of the file. It is incumbent upon applicants to clearly identify the confidential documents by indicating confidential on each page and, in such cases, to file an abridged version of the document.
- Obligation relating to the electronic filing of applications and use of Commission forms, Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453, 5 July 2010
- A guide to the CRTC processes for telecommunications applications, Telecom Circular CRTC 2007-16, 11 June 2007
- Electronic filing of applications, Broadcasting Circular CRTC 2005-466, 5 July 2005
Appendix to Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin CRTC 2010-453-1
List of broadcasting application forms
|Form 101||Commercial radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 103||Type B Native radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 111||Specialty audio programming undertaking|
|Form 113||Campus radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 114||Community radio programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 118||Developmental (community or campus) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 134||Religious (Church) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 104||Programming amendment for a commercial radio programming undertaking|
|Form 119||Programming amendment for a campus radio programming undertaking|
|Form 120||Programming amendment for a community radio programming undertaking|
|Form 127||Technical amendment for a transitional digital radio broadcasting (DRB-T) undertaking|
|Form 128||Technical amendment for an analog radio programming undertaking|
|Form 106||Commercial radio programming undertaking|
|Form 107||Campus radio programming undertaking|
|Form 110||Community radio programming undertaking|
|Form 121||Native radio programming undertaking|
|Form 141||Religious (Church) radio programming undertaking|
|Form 142||Specialty audio programming undertaking|
|Form 143||Tourism radio programming undertaking|
|Form 102||Television programming undertaking (including low-power)|
|Form 112||Video-on-demand (VOD) or pay-per-view (PPV) programming undertaking|
|Form 115||Community programming service|
|Form 116||Community-based television programming undertaking (including community-based low-power television undertaking and community-based digital service)|
|Form 125||Category 2 digital specialty or pay television programming undertaking|
|Form 130||Digital television (DTV) undertaking (not associated with an analog television station)|
|Form 131||Programming amendment for a transitional digital television (DTV-T) undertaking|
|Form 132||Technical amendment for an analog or digital television programming undertaking (including rebroadcasting transmitters)|
|Form 100||Television programming undertaking|
|Form 100a||Television programming undertaking – Addendum for multi-station groups only|
|Form 109||Specialty programming undertaking|
|Form 122||Video-on-demand (VOD) or pay-per-view (PPV) programming undertaking|
|Form 137||Community-based television programming undertaking (including community-based low-power television undertaking and community-based digital service)|
|Form 140||Native television programming undertaking|
|Form 124||Distribution undertaking|
|Form 117||Radiocommunication distribution undertaking (RDU)|
|Form 123||Distribution undertaking|
|Form 136||Cable distribution undertaking|
|Form 138||Change in ownership or control (assets)|
|Form 139||Change in ownership or control (shares)|
List of telecommunications application forms
|Form I||Summary of Legal Fees|
|Form II||Summary of Expert Witness Fees|
|Form III||Summary of Consultant and Analyst Fees|
|Form IV||Affidavit of Disbursements|
|Exhibit A||Summary Statement of Disbursements|
|Form V||Summary of Fees and Disbursements|
| DCS |
|Application for a new basic international telecommunications services (BITS) licence|
- Date modified: