ARCHIVED - Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-406-2
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional references: 2010-406 and 2010-406-1
Ottawa, 23 July 2010
Call for comments on the customer transfer process and related competitive issues – Extension of deadline and scope
Deadline for comments: 23 August 2010
File numbers: 8622-C12-201010595 and 8622-B54-201008566
1. The Commission has received a request from Rogers Communications Inc. to amend Call for comments on the customer transfer process and related competitive issues, Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-406, 23 June 2010, as amended by Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-406-1, 5 July 2010, to include the handling of wireless customer cancellation and transfer requests.
2. Given that it is common practice for service providers to offer discounts or other incentives for bundled services, including telephone, television, Internet and wireless services, the Commission considers that it would be appropriate to include wireless service offerings as part of the Commission’s larger examination of customer transfer processes.
3. Considering the broadened scope of the proceeding, the Commission extends the deadline for comments to 23 August 2010. Parties may file reply comments by 9 September 2010.
4. Parties who have not previously registered in this proceeding and who wish to receive copies of all submissions must notify the Commission by 6 August 2010 (the registration date) of their intention to do so by filling out the online form; by writing to the Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0N2; or by faxing to
819-994-0218. Parties are to provide their email addresses, where available. If parties do not have access to the Internet, they are to indicate when they notify the Commission whether they wish to receive disk versions of hard-copy filings.
5. The Commission also amends the list of interested parties established in Broadcasting and Telecom Notice of Consultation 2010-406 to include the additional wireless service providers listed in the appendix to this notice.
Appendix to Telecom and Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-406-2Additional parties to the proceeding
1380057 Alberta Ltd.
Airtel Wireless LTD
Bell Mobility Inc.
Data & Audio Visual Enterprises Wireless Inc. (MOBILICITY Wireless )
First Networks Operations Inc.
Globalive Wireless Management Corp.
Globalstar Canada Satellite Co.
Ice Wireless Inc.
Inukshuk Wireless Partnership / Inukshuk Wireless Inc.
Lynx Mobility Inc.
Nexicom Mobility Inc.
Public Mobile Inc.
Rogers Wireless Partnership (Rogers Wireless, RWP)
Sogetel Mobilité inc.
- Date modified: