Submitting applications and other documents to the CRTC using My CRTC Account
Submit your documents to the CRTC securely and easily using My CRTC Account.
Establish My CRTC Account when you submit your first document
If this is your first submission to the Commission, the process for establishing My CRTC Account begins with two steps:
- Obtain an activation code from the CRTC. To request an activation code, call the CRTC Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 07:00 to 19:00, Eastern Time at:
- TTY (toll free) 1-877-909-2782
- For DCS, call 1-866-845-6036
- Select a CRTC Cover Page. Which Cover Page you select depends on the type of application or document you are submitting:
|Select type of application or document||Select Cover Page or Form|
|Broadcasting licence applications
||Broadcasting Cover Page|
|Broadcasting licence applications
||Broadcasting Online Form and Cover Page|
|Telecom applications||Telecom Cover Page|
|Applications to request an addition to the lists of eligible satellite services for distribution on a digital basis||Broadcasting Online Form and Cover Page|
|Undue preference or unjust discrimination applications||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Replies to a request for information received from the Commission||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Additional information||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Procedural requests||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Replies to an intervention, comment or to an answer||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Other document(s) (reports, documents requested in a decision, follow-up documents, etc)||Broadcasting Cover Page or Telecom Cover Page|
|Filing of data for various CRTC surveys pursuant to the Broadcasting Act, the Telecommunications Act, and in certain cases the Statistics Act.||Data Collection System (DCS) Submissions Cover Page|
|Submit documents to CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Cover Page||CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) Submissions Cover Page|
|Apply for Canadian Program Certification||Canadian Program Certification Application Cover Page|
Applications that must be completed online in My CRTC Account
The following types of original broadcasting applications can only be completed online by filling in the form in My CRTC Account through the Broadcasting Online Form:
- Licence renewals (radio)
- Amendments to licences
- Requests for an addition to the lists of eligible satellite services for distribution on a digital basis
- Revocations of licences
Complete the application form online in My CRTC Account.
You can save the form in My CRTC Account without submitting it. You will be able to access it at any time in the future to make additions or changes before submitting it. Make sure to save changes frequently.
- To access a previously saved form, log in to My CRTC Account using the Broadcasting Online Form and Cover Page. Your saved forms will appear at the top of the page.
- Refer to the application form for additional information required to submit a complete application and to create supporting documents.
- Once the form is completed and you have attached all required documents, submit your application.
Applications that must be downloaded and completed before submitting through My CRTC Account
You must use existing forms for broadcasting applications and telecom applications. Some types of submissions do not have a corresponding form. In these cases, you must include all the information required by section 22 of the Rules of Procedure in your application.
The following types of broadcasting applications must be completed before they are submitted to the CRTC through My CRTC Account:
- licence renewals (television and distribution)
- new licences
- ownership transactions
- Download the application form.
- Complete the form and save it.
- Create any supporting documents. Refer to the application form for additional information required to submit a complete application.
- Log in to My CRTC Account and complete the Broadcasting Cover Page.
- Attach the application form and supporting documents.
- Submit your application.
- Each application should be submitted separately by using a separate Cover Page within My CRTC Account.
Telecom applications must be completed before they are submitted to the CRTC through My CRTC Account.
- Complete all required applications and supporting documents as listed in the Telecom applications checklists and FAQs.
- Log in to My CRTC Account and complete the Telecom Cover Page.
- Attach the application and supporting documents and submit your application.
- Clearly identify if the package contains confidential information and/or if you submit an Ex-parte application.
What you should know when submitting documents to the CRTC
Submitting confidential information
Using My CRTC Account to submit documents ensures that documents are filed securely. Before submitting any documents electronically, you must clearly identify all confidential information as confidential:
- on each page of the electronic document;
- in the file name of the document; and
- in the Cover Page or within the online form used to submit your document.
At the time that the party files the information it designates as confidential, an abridged version of the document must be provided. The abridged version of the document will be placed on the public record of the proceeding.
Confidential information will not be posted on the CRTC website, but they will be used internally by CRTC staff.
Naming your documents
- Add numbers to your file names, in ascending order, so that the documents appear in the correct order on the public file. For example, “Doc1-Overview”
- File names should include a brief description of the document content
- File names should not exceed 100 characters or include any special characters (%, $, &, (), @, etc)
- All documents containing confidential information must include the word Confidential in the name of the document and on all pages of the electronic document.
When your document will appear on the CRTC website
As a general rule, the CRTC updates its website each week day at 11:00 a.m. and at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Applications processed by Notice of Consultation will be posted on the same day the Notice is issued.
Applications processed under Part 1 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure will be posted shortly after they are received.
- Date modified: